August

Pros and Cons: Children

Filed under: Humor, Pros & Cons

Pros:

• They’re cute.
  • You get to eat Lucky Charms for breakfast.
  • If you have an unfulfilled dream such as becoming an Olympic swimmer you can make them do it.
  • They make you want to be a better person.

Cons:

• Noisy, repetitive.
  • Interested in boogers.
  • Picky eaters + you have to feed them everyday.
  • Need lots of Band Aids.
  • They instantly reflect your worst character defects (for example, if you say ‘Stop Shouting!!’ – they’ll shout, ‘But you’re shouting right now!’).
  • They make you want to be a better person.

• Brain Diagram

Mommy Brain vs. Daddy Brain: A Sort of Scientific Analysis

• sherpa

I’m Really Just a Sherpa

• A faux-pas this year: Lacroix's "Mother Mary" look.

Judgement Day for Dummies – An Etiquette Guide

• Dear Diary Scrap

A Bridget Jones-Style Diary Of A Mommy Blogger – Part 1

• This is not my eye. I put my eyeliner under, not over, and hers looks pretty good compared to mine.

Real Friends Tell You When You Have Toilet Paper Hanging Out of Your Mom Jeans

Comments

1. True. I can live with the band aids but the fact mine wears them on perfectly healthy skin drives me to drink or eat ice cream. What’s up with the Lucky charms? So many cereal varieties out there and everyone I speak to their kids want charms… including mine!

• Here’s what you do: combine all three (being driven to drink, eating ice cream and Lucky Charms) so drink ice cream sprinkled w. Lucky Charms and Band Aids won’t bug you!

2. Lucky Charms are my husband’s favorite!! Do you think that was part of the reason he wanted to have kids?! ;-) Happy Weekend!

• As good a reason as any, to have kids! Have a good weekend (-:

3. I have never eaten Lucky Charms before!

At least they don’t eat boogers right? (I mean the children, not lucky charms, as it sounds like that for some reason)

• You mean they don’t serve Lucky Charms at those roadside stands in Malaysia? Hmm…

4. As they get older and they start cooking … you get to eat a lot of new stuff beyond Lucky Charms, too…. like Tofurkey and food from countries they’ve visited but you’ve never been to! (I especially hate the thing about reflecting the worst character trait…sigh, I never knew I had so many :(
    Twitter: wordsxo

• Fionas already into cooking Arab food! And wants to try cooking some escargot. (-:

5. I have never eaten Lucky Charms, can you believe it? Our sweet cereal addiction is Apple Cinnamon Cheerios, which I can convince myself is actually health food because it has the word Apple in it :)
    Twitter: SusannaLHill

• *And* it has the word Cinnamon in it. How could anything w. cinnamon and apples be bad for you?!

6. and you get to both scorned and adored by the same people at almost the same time.
    And you get to keep dying easter eggs.

• Dying Easter eggs – YES! And eating their Halloween candy! And baking ridiculous birthday cakes. And jumping on moon bounces. All kinds of perks.

7. What a list! One of my favorite PROs of having kids is they grow up and give you grandchildren!
    Twitter: AnnHolly

• I’m looking forward to that but have a good few years to wait!

8. I threw up Lucky Charms while I was pregnant. They are banned from the house. But I do look forward to the days when Doritos are acceptable for lunch.
    Twitter: TheMamamash

• Oh now you’ve gone and ruined Lucky Charms for me too, but I guess that’s a good thing.

9. Great list and so, so true. Especially the Lucky Charms :)

10. I couldn’t agree more, and what IS it with them boogers? You make me want Lucky Charms too, I’ve never had any!

11. I love your blog. That is all.

• Oh! Hand-flapping pageant-style tears and dry heaves again! (-: Thanks Stasha…!!!

12. What a list! But I do look forward to the days when Doritos are acceptable for lunch.

13. Pros and Cons: Children http://t.co/o04rkqla #parenting

14. and you get to both scorned and adored by the same people at almost the same time. Oh! And jumping on moon bounces. Oh now you’ve gone and ruined Lucky Charms for me too, but I guess that’s a good thing.