A note from Fiona: I named this pie recipe after my Frankenpumpkin, Pumpkeeni. Pumpkeeni’s Pumpkin Pie! It’s super easy for kids to make because you use a store-bought pie crust, and all you really need to do is stir!
Stuff You Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 big fat eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked pie crust
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Put the sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves into a bowl. Stir it all up with a spoon.
MMMMM! Smell that—–>that’s the smell of Thanksgiving!
3. Crack the eggs into a big bowl and beat them with a mixer. (You may need a parent’s help with this.)
4. Pour the pumpkin, the can of evaporated milk, and the sugar-spice mix into the bowl! Stir it all up some more!
Note: Why do they call it evaporated milk? I don’t know. I’m just asking. Do you know?
Tip: Don’t fill it too full like we did, or it will spill when you put it into the oven! You can fill 2 ramekins with the extra mix and bake them with the pie and eat them for a yummy breakfast!!
6. Bake 15 minutes.
7. Lower the temperature to 350 and bake for 45 minutes.
8. Don’t eat it yet! It needs to cool on the wire rack for 2 hours.
Serve with a splodge of whipped cream, and a pinch of cinnamon!
You might also like...
Cupcakes From Scratch: Yummycakes!
Valentine’s Day Pancakes
Idiot’s Guide to Homemade Meringue Parfaits Recipe
Ingredients for a Milkshake