November

10 Photos

Filed under: Monday Listicles

This week’s Monday Listicles topic is simple: 10 photos. Here are 10 of my favorites, probably because each photo tells a story.

The first was taken as we were getting dressed for my wedding. I was trying to convince my sister to come out of the bathroom. She wouldn’t come out because the stylist had put so many flowers in her hair that she looked like Mother Nature on crack, she said.

My bridesmaid, Julia, is standing beside me. We’ve been best friends since we were 6. This photo captures the lifelong dynamic between the three of us: two against one.

We fixed my sister’s hair, and she finally came out of the bathroom.

Here’s my husband D. making a Churchill face at Fiona:

Here is D. trying to play the trumpet in Dublin – everybody’s laughing at him:

Me and D. in Glendalough:

D. enchanting Ella with his accordian:

The next photo was taken at Halloween before we went out dancing. I went as the Easter bunny, and D. went as a bishop. On the dance floor a woman dressed as a slutty catholic school girl (I’m not making this up!) kept asking him for his phone number and dancing with him. He was so shocked! I had a blast watching the whole thing from inside my bunny costume!

He finally said, “I’m sorry, but I’m married…”

Catholic school girl: “You are?”

Bishop: “And my wife is standing right behind you.”

Catholic school girl: “Where?”

Bishop: “She’s the Easter bunny.”

When that catholic school girl turned around and saw me looming behind her in my big pink Easter bunny costume – in all my fierceness – she and her plaid skirt vamoosed!

On our way to a wedding – me in a rented hat:

Ella taking a walk by the sea with her Granda in Dublin:

Fi’s hair on the trampoline:

In the last photo, I went into Ella’s room to find that she had made a sentence that blew my mind:

• the momalog ski photo

Top 10 Hodge Podge

• the momalog ice skating, momalog

10 Things I’m Rubbish At

What I Would Miss

• Flock of Seagulls. Remember how avant guard his hair was?

I Miss These Things

• When I see someone like this I think, "Was your relationship with your mother that bad?" and: "WTF?!"

10 Things That Make Me Go WTF?

Comments

1. Wow. These are incredible. Your life is so full. Ella is so clever, both her and Fiona are so happy. Thank you Ado, for being my faithful list maker, for sharing your life with us on this great blog and for helping me celebrate Kim’s big moment. XO

• Stasha that was so sweet of you to surprise Kim like that. (-: And you know I love me some Monday Listicles. (-:

2. Such amazing photos – love them all. My favorites are Fiona’s hair on the trampoline, you in the bunny costume and the last two. Awesome.

3. These photos are all perfect! I love the sentence you found in Ella’s room. And your rented hat, which looked amazing on you.

It’s shocking to me that the slutty Catholic school girl was trying to pick up a bishop! I guess she figured that since she had dressed the part…
    Twitter: chicktuition

4. Absolutely LOVE the photos and absolutely ADORE the stories that go with them! xo
    Twitter: GalitBreen

5. Oh my God, don’t really know if I should chuckle at your custome – easter bunny – or the fact that the slutty girl was really playing her character right. Either or, I loved the story.

What a beautiful picture the three of you, beautiful family.

Love this entire post somehow, it just felt warm and close to the heart.
    Twitter: Mama_AndTheCity

• The amazing thing was the woman didn’t seem to be playing her part – she even followed my husband into the bathroom! She slipped him her phone no. on a piece of paper. It was like she was stalking him! If she was playing her costume up she was a very good actress!

6. I love this mix of photos and stories. It is such a great peek into your life over years.

The trampoline picture is awesomely fun.

The sentence is amazing.
    Twitter: fromtracie

7. You make an awesome easter bunny. And Fi’s fiery hair is an artpiece. Love the one of you hugging your girls. Actually, I kinda like Ella’s sentence too. So profound. :P
    Twitter: http://twitter/yjune

8. Thank you for sharing those photos with us, Ado! They were precious and spoke of a thousand words. Maybe even more!

Honestly, I found myself smiling as I looked at all those pictures… feeling genuinely happy for you. The glimpses you’ve provided into your life told me you are living life to the fullest and what a loving family you have! You know, I’ve always wanted to have two girls if I ever have a second child–always thought that would be the perfect arrangement! hahaha.

I love the wedding pics of you, the one with you and your two girls, and wow, Ella’s spelling words there also blew me away! She did start young, didn’t she? :)
    Twitter: dosweatthesmall

9. Wonderful photos — and such a lovely family! Beautiful!
    Twitter: wordsxo

10. wait…seriously? the slutty catholic school girl went after the bishop? um, isn’t it usually the other way around? Wait. Sorry – blasphemous comment when what I MEANT to write was: beautiful pictures, each of which tells a great story. Lovely.

11. Wow! These are fantastic: the bunny costume made me laugh out loud; i am SO JEALOUS that your husband has an accordian: and that trampoline picture? AMAZING capture.
    Twitter: nystoopmama

12. I absolutely LOVE this!! Your pictures tell such wonderful stories. The hair on the trampoline one is so cute, and I love the one of you and your girls, so precious.
    Love this happy post :)

13. Wonderful photos! I especially like #3, 10,11 and 12 :)
    Twitter: SusannaLHill

14. I love the stories which your photos tell..great selection
    Twitter: dominiquegoh

15. Wow – Ella’s words – so beautiful. And I love that black and white one of you and your girls! Great pictures indeed! :)
    Twitter: kiddothings

16. And that, kids, is the story about how the Easter Bunny kicked the schoolgirl’s ass.

Lovely photos. You live a beautiful life.
    Twitter: TheMamamash

17. Lovely, warm memories. Thanks so much for sharing them with us, Ado. :)
    Twitter: SJM_CookiesMom

18. I LOVE the pic of Fi with her hair on the trampoline! The wedding pic with your sister is great as well….Kenna my oldest daughter would say the same thing about Mother Nature on crack!

19. Thanks for sharing this awesome photo..I like all the photo Thanks for sharing with us your beautiful life..

20. great pics and great stories to go with them!
    Twitter: rorybore

21. Great photos! Love the hair, the one of you with your girls and the last one of course. Did you ask her why she made that sentence?
    Twitter: JenAnnHall

• She was just learning to make words, and to be honest I think the reason she made that sentence was simply that she found the letters for some words she could spell – and that happened to be it! She could just as easily have spelled, “Wee run too see goat” —> only back then she didn’t know how to spell “goat.” (-:

22. So many lovely moments captured in time. These photos definitely tell the story of a beautiful life. So glad you shared.
    Twitter: MissMarinaStar

23. Wonderful pictures! The Halloween story had be cracking up and the picture of you and the girls is breathtaking!

24. I couldn’t pick a favourite photo if I wanted to. They are all beautiful and capture a full, lovely life. I always love your lists Ado.

25. All of the photos are beautiful, but I love love LOVE the one of Fi’s hair on the trampoline! How did you ever catch that in a photo!! :)
    Twitter: katefineske

• That photo was taken by an amazing professional photographer. No way my iPhone-level photography skills could’ve captured that!

26. Your photo’s are gorgeous! It’s like traveling through time!
    Twitter: multitaskmumma

27. Wow – these are amazing! I especially love hearing the memories you associate with each picture. I think the trampoline hair is my favorite for no particular reason.
    Twitter: euregirlsandboy

28. What a bunch of awesome pictures! I love the trampoline one.
    Twitter: literalmom

29. Ado, what a fantastic collection of photos! I think every wedding seems to bring out at least one bad hair do! Better your sister then you, right?
    That last photo- wow! wow! wow!
    Twitter: notwifezilla

• You’re so right – better the bridesmaid has a bad hair day than the bride! (-:
      I know – that last picture is WOW.

30. Wonderful images, wonderful stories. And that hair is nothing short of awesome!
    Twitter: lilahbility

31. So many blessings. Thank you for sharing them with us!
    Twitter: Chosenchaos

32. Love the photos! Especially the one of you in the “rented hat”. You look fabulous! I also like your story about being the Easter Bunny! Ha!
    Twitter: HaydensHope4FOP

• Thanks Megan – yes, I do look fab in my big rented hat and that’s of course why that photo is up there! (-;

33. Those wedding pictures are amazing. And the story about the bunny suit is so funny, another reason not to dress as a slutty anything for Halloween.
    Twitter: Twinisms

• Well how do you know I wasn’t a slutty version of the Easter bunny? (-;

34. Wonderful pictures. I love the sentence your daughter wrote. Children are amazing! And the trampoline hair…love it!
    Twitter: staceysmoments

35. These are wonderful stories and memories captured!
    Twitter: gfunkified