At Least My Dog Thought I Looked Hot

Filed under: Blog Posts That Embarrass My Children

We were going through my old photo albums, and I winced when I came across this one. Fiona saw it before I could close the book. She looked at the photo, then at me.

She had a look of – well, of horror – on her face.

Fi: “Mom, are you KIDDING?

Me: “It was the look back then. For about 24 minutes.”

Fi: “Seriously? Mom – what were you thinking??”

Me: “Winston likes it. Look at him, he’s going gaga.”

Fi: “Mom, I have to say it: before you didn’t have any fashion sense…you really didn’t have any fashion sense. Please don’t show this to anyone, and you better not put it on your blog!”

(-:

Comments

1. Who listens to their kids anyway??? We live to embarrass ourselves (and our children) on our blog ;)

(Winston does look agog with you)

2. wow. cornrows?? NICE!!
    Twitter: blogginglily

3. You actually rocked that look, Ado! The other one who could pull ‘corn rows’ was Bo Derek, of course. So tell Fiona she ought to be proud, cos not just anybody could pull that look, y’know ;)
    Twitter: dosweatthesmall

• Back then I thought I rocked the look but it took 2 days to put in and I only ended up wearing it for 2 days because the beads were so heavy so it took another day to take ‘em out. Sheesh!

4. She should know, “Please don’t put it on your blog” – it’s really unavoidable once those words are uttered.

5. Excellent! I think you looked great (as a fellow adventurous hairstyle gal). And doesn’t your daughter know that “Please don’t post it to your blog” is the same as “please, please, please post this!”?

6. Okay. Please tell me you were away on vacation here. ‘Cause I totally rocked the cornrows once upon a time too. In Mexico. :D (btw – I really don’t think you could ever look bad)

• Sadly, I was not on vacation. I was at home. I lasted 2 days before getting ‘em taken out! they were too noisy. (-:

7. Heeheehee…I came home with cornrows after a spring break trip to Panama City Beach…I don’t think I saved any of those pictures though. I love your daughter’s reaction!!

• So you *WISELY* destroyed them.
      You were wise beyond your years.

8. Hee! Oh, I’m with Winston- you’re adorable! :)
    Twitter: GalitBreen