True Love

Filed under: Monday Listicles, Valentine's Day

The topic at Monday Listicles this week is true love, so I roped my husband, D., into writing it. He decided to list our differences. He said this would illustrate true love on both our parts, otherwise how could we stand each other for the past 17 years? We are such opposites in so many ways, I’m sure if we had ever been up on match.com and had seen each other’s profiles, neither of us would have even clicked the other’s profile!

true love, me and dermot in ireland, the momalog

D.

Ado

Guinness Sparkling Water
SPF 70+ Coconut Oil
Black Tea Cappuccino
Republican Totalitarian
Introvert Extravert
Battle of the Bulge The Thornbirds
Mozart’s Requiem ACDC’s Back in Black
Potatoes Spirulina
Margaret Thatcher Julia Butterfly Hill
Kick-up-the-arse Self-help
Clinching the deal Rebirthing
Electronic Engineering English Lit.
Fuzzy Logic Theatre of the Absurd
Malcolm Gladwell Chaucer
Dublin vs. Kerry match at Croke Park Primal Scream therapy
# of ex’s allowed at wedding:0  Almost a whole pew
NRA member Anti-squirt guns
After school Chess Club Detention

• Flock of Seagulls. Remember how avant guard his hair was?

I Miss These Things

• morro rock

I Survived Nature *and* Sports

• seadrift

10 Places I Love

• the momalog ski photo

Top 10 Hodge Podge

10 Things That Make My Life Easier

Comments

1. I love this. Although – what a guy writing it!
    Twitter: katekerrigan

2. Viva la difference! One thing you have in common- a great sense of humor!
    Twitter: IzaTrapani

3. Theater of the Absurd and Detention made me laugh!! True love indeed.

4. I laughed through your whole list :)
    Twitter: _simplysara_

5. genuis idea!

me and mine are quite the opposites on quite a few things too. I certainly did not marry him for his test in crude “family” sitcoms, or love of 80′s music! LOL
    Twitter: rorybore

• I must be your opposite too because I like crude family sitcoms and 80s music.

6. What a great idea to have him write the list. I also could not agree more with him. I agree that it is sometimes the differences that make marriages exciting and keep it rich. I also know now officially what I have suspected for sometime… I am not smart enough to dine with you two. No way I could keep up with the small talk. Woooo! There were a couple of things on that list that made me think huh?
    Twitter: kindredadventur

• He’s the brainy one – all that fuzzy logic stuff is serious thinkage. Also, I only read Chaucer one during a phase in college. I do not read him for fun. (-: PS: Did I mention how much I love reality TV and that we had to get rid of our TV because of it…? But you knew that already. (-:

7. No offense, but I like your husband….A LOT! This was so fun…I think I’ll try it with my hubby!
    Twitter: FarFromCamelot

8. Okay. So I’ve asked MY husband to write something on my blog and he outright refuses. This is the SECOND time I’ve seen a post from your husband so kudos to you…and him! This was FUNNY. “Primal Scream Therapy” and “Theater of the Absurd”…!!! Awesome.

9. I remember when you had a similar list (written by you) — so funny, so great to read. I have to agree, obviously true love, why else would he be willing to write a blog post for you? :)
    Twitter: wordsxo

10. Ado this is brilliant and proof positive that opposites attract.
    Such fun and so funny!
    P.S. ‘D’ has excellent taste in beer. Mmm, mmm good!
    Twitter: lenore_diane

11. Oh this was fabulous! Mozart and ACDC, potatoes and spirulina… oh this made me laugh!

12. Hello funny Mr. D, how you have been missed. Loving this list. Happy Valentine’s day Mr. Chess champion and your beautiful, cappuccino knocking self helping bride!

13. True Love http://t.co/COfxVhpK by @adothemomalog ‘s funny hubby #MondayListicles

14. “Almost a whole pew”??? Ado! Your husband is a patient man!!

Great list…it definitely shows that you must love each other very, very, VERY much. :D
    Twitter: gfunkified

• He has a gigantic sense of humor, which is why he indulged my vanity and let me have the pew. (It was half a pew, btw!)

15. LOL – what a fun idea, and brave! I’m not sure if I want my husband to list our differences but it would be pretty funny. Great list, good job Mr D. and hope you both have a great Valentine’s Day!
    Twitter: mommy_padawan

• I think this calls for a post by your husband…

16. Great list. Somehow I leave it wanting to go read The Thornbirds again.
    Twitter: euregirlsandboy

• I didn’t read it I actually only watched the miniseries. (-:

17. How witty are you to come up with such a novel idea? So fun!
    Twitter: notwifezilla

• Actually my husband came up with the idea because I had writer’s block…on true love…that’s pretty bad!

18. Inspirational! I wonder if my man would venture to do such a thing. Even the effort is symbolic of true love! Happy hearts day, you two!
    Twitter: SJM_CookiesMom

19. I love this! Opposites really DO attract! Congrats on the 17 years. I love that you’re turning your blog over to your family members to write “guest posts” for you…I might have to borrow this idea ;)
    Happy Valentine’s Day!!

20. I love seeing the differences between you like that! Totally cute idea.
    Twitter: literalmom

21. Oh my goodness. A whole pew of exes?!?! lol. Cute list :)
    Twitter: librajenn

• Really it was just 3 or..maybe 4. (-: Small church…

22. That’s a great idea listing your difference and why both of you compliment each other.
    Twitter: dominiquegoh

• Thanks Dominique, I guess opposites do attract. (-:

23. ROFL, that’s brilliant. Have a great Valentine’s despite your differences.

24. I love it that he wrote this for your blog! Happy Valentine’s Day!
    Twitter: beeswithhoney

25. PRICELESS!!! Love it.
    Twitter: marylweimer

26. Is that all true? Ha! I know for a fact that if Mark and I were on match.com we would not click each other’s profiles either!
    Twitter: JenAnnHall

27. Outstanding balance….well done D.
    Mike

28. It’s always been said that opposites attract!
    Twitter: BethKeklak

29. One of the best lists I’ve ever read. Makes me want to make one, or better yet, ask the The Aums Papa. The whole pew of exes cracks me up!!
    Twitter: theaumsmama

30. Hehehe… Too funny! Well, they do say that opposites attract? I wonder if that is why I enjoy your blog so much (you know, my morning-bed-making self) ;)
    Twitter: katefineske

31. Great idea and too funny! How in the world do you both get along? :P
    Twitter: http://twitter/yjune

• I think we get along because we acknowledge our differences and when necessary we give each other a wide berth!

32. Ah ha ha ha ha I love this post! My husband and I are polar opposites. Yet somehow it works :)

33. It is fun that he wrote the list. They say opposites attract.
    Twitter: thewilltosee

34. I love this idea! And the exes in the pew cracked me up. Hmmm…I wonder what my husband’s list would like… :)

35. Oh, Ado, I already loved you, and now I love your husband too! Anyone who would let you have “almost a whole pew” of exes is fabulous!! I’m glad you didn’t see each other’s profiles and not click. You belong together.
    Twitter: CynthiaMeents

• Oh that is so sweet. (-: Thank you.
      I’m off to go read about your Hillbilly Valentine now!

36. Hee! Ohmygodness do I ever love this! Genius and fun and then some more fun! Happy Valentine’s Day you two!
    Twitter: GalitBreen

• Thanks Galit (-: Happy Valentine’s day to you!

37. Why do you think true love is timeless? What would make true love last like that?

38. My favorites are Republican vs. Totalitarian and NRA Memeber vs. Anti-Squirt Guns. Love it! Happy Valentine’s to your family!
    Twitter: S_Supermommy

• He was actually an honorary member and had to – ahem – discontinue his membership. When we got married as a gag a friend of his signed him up for the NRA knowing what an anti-gun fanatic I am. It took us a year to get off their mailing list – but we got off it eventually!

39. I think he’s right. It illustrated true love perfectly! Happy Valentine’s Day to the lovebirds!
    Twitter: chicktuition

40. This was awesome! Haha. He was right. Writing down your difference does show how much you are both in love!
    Twitter: mommyslounge

41. My favorite one is the number of exes allowed at wedding.
    Twitter: mytimeasmom

42. Opposites really do attract:)
    Twitter: Twinisms

43. money. this can be difficult to do…

but if you follow these tips you should be well on your way to a quality blog.the first thing you want to keep in mind while building your blog is you want quality content. if you have crappy content no one…