Welcome to Alison & Ado’s Blog Bash, celebrating our 1 year blogoversaries! I’m teaming up with Alison of Mama Wants This to host our linkup!
Please come join our online celebration! All you do is link up your favorite post ever. It’s that easy!
Your post can be brand new, or from your archives. Just make sure it’s one of your favorite posts ever.
When you link up you are automatically added to a drawing to win one of our fantastic prizes, donated by our 5 fabulous sponsors!*
What to Do
- Link up your favorite post with us this week - March 26 – 30th, 2012. You can link up anytime during that time period. (You can link up here at The Momalog, or over at Mama Wants This – either way your post will appear on both our sites.)
- Grab the Blog Bash button code from my sidebar (or from Alison’s) and add our button to your post (it was designed by our friend Erica of Yeah Write - and we love her).
- Write a brief intro telling us why it’s your favorite post.
- In the spirit of celebration, please go visit & comment on as many linkers as you can!
- Spread the word - Tweet your friends, Facebook ‘em, email them, stalk ‘em, run through the streets like the Town Crier announcing our Blog Bash. The more the merrier!
You Might Win One of Our Fabulous Prizes!
We have 5 fantastic sponsors who will be giving five lucky linkers* one of the following prizes:
- Lauren Nicole Gifts, who specializes in beautiful hand-stamped silver jewelry, is sponsoring one gorgeous footprint necklace, which you can customize with your baby’s footprint.
- Storkie, who has been creating stylish invitation and announcement cards for 21 years, is sponsoring a $50 Storkie gift card.
- Julia Anthony Designs, by the amazingly talented designer Julia Anthony, is sponsoring this exquisite pair of beautiful Isadora earrings.
- yeah write, the community for “writers who blog and bloggers who write” is sponsoring a whole new WordPress theme!
- Swank a phenomenal, full-service web design studio (who designed The Momalog’s blog) is sponsoring a mini blog makeover of up to ten hours of Emily’s time! Wow!
Blog Bash happens March 26th to 30, so grab a button and come back to link up!
We can’t wait to read your favorite posts!
*Although Alison & Ado would like to win the prizes themselves, we can’t! Winners will be chosen via random.org.
My Favorite Momalog Post
My favorite post is My Mother’s Body, a post about my alcoholic, anorexic mother and the impact her struggles had on me (not all of them bad!). When I first pressed the Publish button on this one I was feeling pretty nervous because it outed everything I’ve kept hidden my whole life – family secrets, dark ones, sad ones. All those unsaid things that hung in the air that haunted me up until I pressed Publish. So I wrote the post not knowing what would happen…and you know what? Within the first few minutes the comments began rolling in.
All of them were so supportive, from women (and some men) who felt it touched something in them. From people hungry to hear the real truth because they have probably been weighed down themselves by the weight of family secrets, family lies.
Within the first 24 hours it got nearly 5,000 readers.
I’m telling you – writing that post and pushing the Publish button was one of the most helpful and cathartic things I’ve done.
It shoo’d the ghosts.
You can click here to read it through Blogher. (If you’re over there, please vote for it for one of the Blogher Voices of the Year by giving it a thumb’s up! You need to be logged in to vote, but you don’t need to be a member. If it gets enough votes I will be able to read it at Blogher ’12, and I think it’s a piece that needs to be heard. Thanks!)
So come link up!
Remember to visit as many of the below blogs as you can. We appreciate it!